Date:      12 May 00 16:59:38 PDT
From:      Leon Leung <leonf16@netscape.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SSLftp

Hi all, =

I'm considering using SSLftp to ftp files to my local ISP.  However, i'm =
not
sure whether SSLftp program needs to be installed on the ISP end or not. =
 Is
SSLftp a client program only or it is a server program -- meaning in orde=
r for
me (the client) to use SSLftp to transfer files, my ISP (the server side)=
 must
have the program installed.  Currently, my ISP does not have SSLftp insta=
ll on
their end, so i'm curious as to whether this will prevent me (the client)=
 from
using SSLftp to transfer files.  =

I'm actually running into some problems installing SSLftp myself, version=
 0.8.
 If anyone has installed SSLftp before, please let me know the process yo=
u use
to install the program.  And also, are there any other programs that I ca=
n use
to ensure file-transfer security, commercial or non-commercial?