Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:50:06 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Mike" <mike@sixpak.net>, "Ryan" <rnera@optushome.com.au>, "'Michael J. Turner'" <mike@inethouston.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Frustrated but trying again

> Took the USB stuff out and I'm now running a new kernel. :)

OK .... maybe thats whats broken

> So I'm going to configure sendmail, qpopper, DNS and Named, NAT, and the
> firewall.  Once I've done that, I'll configure the second nic and put
> the system on-line.  That's when I find out how bad I've botched
> everything else up :)

Sendmail is running by default, you simply need to allow some relaying
....everything you need to know there is at my site

I prefer cucipop to popper .... its never given me any trouble. Only the
IMAP mail applications are trouble.

NAT might be OK if you use NATD rather than ppp -nat, although it appears
that most experts advise against using NATD with user ppp