Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:10:37 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First Time Laptop Install

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:04:47 -0800
Dylan Reinhold <dylan@ocnetworking.com> wrote:
> 1: The best way to install X, from ports or pkg

I prefer to install from ports, because then I can upgrade my ports with
cvsup and portupgrade. The downside is that it takes some time, and this
is more noticeable if you run on a slow system.

> 2: Views on desktop mangers.

I prefer XFce, because it is quite small and fast, and lightweight so it
works on machines with limited memory. And still it looks more like a
"normal" graphical desktop than many of the more radical choices (like
 only running one of the small footprint window managers).
My best advice to you is to try a few, and find out for yourself which
one you feel works best for you after a time.

> 3. Any one run a Dell CPi, with any do and don'ts

I don't, so I can't help you there.

Remember; these are _my_ views, somebody else will probably have other
views.
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway