Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:44:09 -0600
From:      "Jeff Lush" <jeff@nerdpower.com>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: PicoBSD Network version and NAT

Hello again,

More problems. I grabbed the latest picobsd.tgz, unpacked it, checked the
PICOBSD file in net/conf/ for the entries:

options IPFIREWALL
options IPDIVERT

These entries are already in the PICOBSD script, so I run the ./build
script, choose net and tell it to go. A few minutes in, I get an error and
the build stops. Here's a snippet of the error:

syscons.o: In function `set_mode':
syscons.o(.text+0x5805): undefined reference to `vidsw'
syscons.o(.text+0x583f): undefined reference to `vidsw'
syscons.o(.text+0x58ca): undefined reference to `vidsw'
syscons.o(.text+0x5927): undefined reference to `vidsw'
syscons.o: In function `set_border':
syscons.o(.text+0x5957): undefined reference to `vidsw'
syscons.o(.text+0x5a98): more undefined references to `vidsw' follow
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Unfortunately, my lack of experience with compiling software forces me to
ask what the problem might be here. I have tried the build on two FreeBSD
3.1 machines and got the same errors.

As well, I would like to know if it is possible to rebuild the kernel on the
floppy. I checked out the kernel.config file on a "network" floppy, but it
appears to be blank and has 0 bytes.

Lastly, would the "router" version of PicoBSD contain the necessary options
already built into the kernel?

Thanks for you help and patients.

Jeff Lush

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Jeff Lush wrote:

> 00000 divert 8668 ip from any to any via ep0
> /sbin/ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid Argument
>
> After this error, that's it, no NAT. I don't understand error. Most of my
> configuration came from the man pages on NATD and IPFW from the FreeBSD
> website. I am using the kernel that came with 0.41-Network file. The man
> page for NATD suggests adding two lines to the kernel config file:
>
> options IPFIREWALL
> options IPDIVERT

The error message above tells you (in other words) "these two options are
mandatory". You need to rebuild the PicoBSD kernel.

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----