Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 15:49:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
To:        toj@gorilla.net (Tom Jackson)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Testimonial

> > > What is ddj?
> >
> > I would guess Dr. Dobb's Journal.
> >
> Yes, I'm sorry, it is. The snippet gives kudos to FreeBSD, using Walnut
> Creek and Yahoo as shining examples of its power and efficiency but then
> goes on to lament the possible conspiracy of Gates Wm and Intel with I20
> to squeeze out people such as us on x86 systems. God forbid.
>
> Tom
>
> ps BTW what does c't mean?

``computer technik'', a monthly computer magazine with broad coverage of
different systems, among others *BSD:

Lars Köller, Andreas Klemm,
If you're going to San Francisco,
Die freien BSD-Varianten von Unix, c't 4/97, S. 368

Andreas Klemm,
Vom PC zur Workstation,
Die neue Version 2.2.1 von FreeBSD, c't 6/97, S. 276

The URL is http://www.heise.de. In the "News" there is a little
note about an AMD K6 bug. (causing gcc crash on about one out of ten
Linux-Kernel-Compilation. It only happens if you have more then 32MB of
RAM. It does not show on play systems like M$-OSs.)

Wolfgang