Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:32:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>, freebsd-java <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   1.4.1 pre3 on -stable: success. Re: Problem building native 1.4.1  with ALT_BOOTDIR as          linux-sun-jdk1.4.1_01-b01 on Feb 4 stable

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Greg Lewis wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 09:08:11AM -0800, Tom Samplonius wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Jan Grant wrote:
> > > I'm still seeing this issue when trying to build the 1.4.1 native java
> > > bootstrapping with the linux-sun jdk (the previous native version of
> > > 1.4.1 is incapable of bootstrapping the latest version, bombing out at
> > > the javac stage)
> >
> >   A general question:  do you actually need to bootstrap 1.4.1 with
> > another 1.4.1 jdk?  I was under the impression that any 1.3.x jdk could
> > bootstrap the 1.4.1 source?
>
> You need a 1.4.x JDK to bootstrap 1.4.1.

Good work folks. As you may well already know, this version of 1.4.1
(-stable post feb 04, stock compiler) is capable of bootstrapping itself
too (something I've had problems with with the earlier patchsets).

jan

PS. Its stability with some complex servlets under tomcat looks good, even
under load. I'll let you know if I see any problems.

"NOP" is a trivial implementation of an executable Z subset.