Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 1998 10:17:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "ICMP_BANDLIM"

  Does anyone have an aversion to options "ICMP_BANDLIM" going into GENERIC? I
think it's very justifiable, and doesn't bloat the kernel unnecessarily (also,
Solaris and Linux, that I know of so far, also do this, so it's a pretty
standard thing). And how about using an option "ICMP_BANDLIM_SILENT" as well?
Sometimes you don't really want to see your message buffer filling up with
ICMP_BANDLIM messages, and option "ICMP_BANDLIM_SILENT" would probably go into
GENERIC too. If everyone thinks this is a good idea, I'll make the patches to
src/sys/netinet/ip_input.c src/sys/{i386,alpha}/conf/GENERIC
src/sys/i386/conf/options.i386 src/sys/alpha/conf/options.alpha and maybe PC98?
PC98 should probably be left alone...

Comments?

 Brian Feldman						  _ __  ___ ___ ___
 green@unixhelp.org				      _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \