From:      Alex Perel <veers@disturbed.net>
To:        jgrosch@MooseRiver.com
Cc:        a disembodied voice emerging from the chaos of reality <cjc26@cornell.edu>, Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>, Dustin Lang <dustinl@interchange.ubc.ca>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ramblings from a Newbie...

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Josef Grosch wrote:

> EMACS == Eighty Meg And Constantly Swapping ;-)

EMACS == EMACS Makes All Computers Slow :)

This one is recursive!

In fact, I don't think the whole largeness thing is as much of an issue
today. We're not working with VAXen and the like - computing power is
plentiful. The whole "emacs is too large" excuse is a bit of a cop out in my
opinion. Emacs is still smaller than the closest offering from MS - Word!
And by a large margin, too!

Who said you can't word process in Emacs? For most purposes, HTML is
formatting enough.. <runs for cover!>

Now, if you still don't like emacs, fine, don't use it. That's your choice.

> Josef "Give me emacs or give me death" Grosch

Aye!

      Alex G. Perel  -=-  AP5081
   alexp@iplink.net  -=-  (work)
veers@disturbed.net  -=-  (play)

Disturbed Networks - Powered exclusively by FreeBSD
== The Power to Serve -=- http://www.freebsd.org/