Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:23:05 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        "Duane H. Hesser" <dhh@androcles.com>
Cc:        Valentin Nechayev <netch@segfault.kiev.ua>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Subject:   Re: Request for review: nsswitch

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 09:23:08AM -0700, Duane H. Hesser wrote:
> It was a feature of rsh and rlogin in 4.2BSD, and persists to this day.
> Check your sources for rsh.c and rlogin.c.
>
> Please explain why it is `evil'.

I don't necessarily think it's `evil', but rather an unneeded feature.
As someone else demonstrated, its functionality can be equated with a
really simple shell script.  I would prefer to go against "creeping
featurism" in this case and ask that this feature not be merged into ssh
from rsh.

Rsh is evil and I don't give a flying rat's patootie about it.

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> <will@FreeBSD.org>
GCS/E/S @d- s+:+ a--- C++ UB++++$ P+ L- E--- W+ N-- !o ?K w---