Date:      Mon, 07 Jun 1999 11:31:46 -0700
From:      Joe Bissot <sysop@pcinternet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cistron Radius

--=====================_36276823==_.ALT

Is there any way to make Cistron RADIUS case insensitive when checking the user
name? Also can Cistron be tied to a Microsoft SQL server via ODBC? What is the
best source for Cistron information? And finally what RADIUS server that runs
under FreeBSD do you prefer? and why?

I have been running RADIUS using Radius-NT and have had enough. I've moved the
backup to Cistron on FreeBSD and will probably move the primary in the next
couple of days. Our user database is on a Microsoft SQL server so I would like
to have Cistron (or whatever RADIUS server runs well on FreeBSD) query the SQL
for user names and passwords instead of running a flat file or making a second
database. But if the SQL is unavailable I need it to revert to a flat file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe Bissot - sysop@PCInternet.net
Phone (909)307-2861 / Pager (909)265-3595
--
  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

checking the user name? Also can Cistron be tied to a Microsoft SQL
server via ODBC? What is the best source for Cistron information? And
finally what RADIUS server that runs under FreeBSD do you prefer? and
why?</div>
moved the backup to Cistron on FreeBSD and will probably move the primary
in the next couple of days. Our user database is on a Microsoft SQL
server so I would like to have Cistron (or whatever RADIUS server runs
well on FreeBSD) query the SQL for user names and passwords instead of
running a flat file or making a second database. But if the SQL is
unavailable I need it to revert to a flat file. </div>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<BR>
Joe Bissot - sysop@PCInternet.net <BR>
Phone (909)307-2861 / Pager (909)265-3595 <BR>
--  <BR>
&nbsp; Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It <BR>
&nbsp; was this thinking that caused the problem in the first
place.</font></x-html>