Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 1997 19:50:43 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
Cc:        taob@risc.org (Brian Tao), jkh@time.cdrom.com, henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New team roster list! (was Re: RSA 56-bit key challenge)

>From The Desk Of "David Langford" :
> I was very suprised to see how poorly even the newer SGI boxes were doing.
> Anyone know if the client were compiled with gcc or the more optimized
> SGI compiler?

Good question, given that SGI has about 100 people or so working in their
compiler 8)

I didn't hesitate to tell Bettina, my girlfriend, who works at SGI.

Actually, the hold thing is sad because gcc can definitely use further
optimizations and the Win95 and WindowsNT folks I don't know whats their
story at all.

	Amancio