Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 1995 13:03:11 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A deal on hard Quantum hard drives

On Wed, 8 Mar 1995, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> I do not know who else out there has a >2G drive that they can just
> play with.

    I may be in a position to help out, depending on how our hardware
budget proposals go.  We are asking for the equivalent of about US$10000
from the higher-ups to augment our hard drive storage (we need to spool a
lot of 3D NMR data to disk for later processing).  I would be able to
"borrow" a suitably large drive for a day just for testing out 64-bit
offsets.  The only problem is that it may still take several weeks for
the whole thing to happen.  :(
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org