Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 20:50:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dustin Lang <dustinl@interchange.ubc.ca>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ramblings (aka, Editor Holy Wars)

Hi again,

When composing my original message I knew I shouldn't have even mentioned
editors.  I've received lots of messages and I've also done some reading
about vi.  I must say, I have quite a bit more respect for vi and a little
bit of perspective of where it fits in the grand scheme of editors.
Thanks to everybody for setting me straight.

Personally, I think the editor holy wars are just one indicator of one of
the things I love about Unix - there are often many ways of doing
things.  I also believe in using a tool suitable to the job at hand.  Use
what works and what makes you happy.  Just be glad that choices exist in
our world, unlike the world owned by some company whose name I can't seem
to remember...

Just my 0.02...

dstn.

--     Dustin Lang, dustinl@interchange.ubc.ca    --
(java developer, unix  guy, freak with rainbow hair)

User, n.: a particularly  slow and unreliable input/
output  device  that  is  attached by default to the
standard input and output streams.
     (stolen from a Gamelan article, author unknown)