Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 10:57:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        pechter@shell.monmouth.com (Bill/Carolyn Pechter)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Chat)
Subject:   Re: CT Magazine 11/96 - Unix For Free

Bill/Carolyn Pechter writes:

>> c't, on the other hand, is one of my favourite magazines, one of the
>> exceptions to the rule that no there are no good computer magazines in
>> Germany I'm very much looking forward to the report.
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Are there any good ones left in the US?  I've gone back to Byte (since
> almost all the good hobby type hacker mags bit the dust here).  Anything
> with PC in the title in the US isn't worth reading.

Good question.  Not completely coincidentally, I stopped my
subscription to Byte when I discovered c't (about 10 years ago).  I
still look at it from time to time, but it doesn't have the in-depth
stuff that it used to have, and that c't still has (want to know the
different, undocumented ways to access the Pentium cache?  Read it in
c't).

Greg