Date:      Thu, 12 May 2011 14:57:25 -0400
From:      Julian Elischer <jelischer@fusionio.com>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>,  "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [UPDATE] New Boot-Loader Menu -- version 1.3

On 5/12/11 2:14 PM, Devin Teske wrote:
>> On May 4, 2011, at 1:37 AM, Emanuel Haupt wrote:
>>
>>> Devin Teske<dteske@vicor.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Proud to bring you version 1.3 which completes the followup
>>> suggestions made by Olivier Smedts (use autoboot_delay instead of
>>> loader_menu_timeout and change dc_seconds to loader_delay) and a
>>> couple other minor enhancements/fixes.
>>>
>>> I think that brings everything up to speed with the phenomenal
>>> feedback provided so far. Really, thank you all very much.
>>>
>>> Get your update at http://druidbsd.sf.net/ or
>>> http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/download/loader_menu-1.3.tgz
>> Devin, have you thought about writing a port [1]? I'd be happy to
>> review it:
port would be good for 8
it'll be in 9 by default (we just decided a the devsummit) (if there
are no roadblocks)

>> [1]
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/own-port.html
> I'm going to see if I can't make it perfectly acceptable for base first. If the
> final version gets rejected for submission to base, I'll turn to ports.
>
> On a side-note, it'd be a pretty interesting port... considering the fact that
> I'm already distributing it as a FreeBSD package (what would the Makefile for
> that port look like... a call to fetch followed by a call to pkg_add ?? lol --
> are there other ports that already work like that?).

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, its contents and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient, and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original e-mail message and any attachments (and any copies that may have been made) from your system or otherwise. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.