Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 1996 00:15:03 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        dk+@ua.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lp booting: first cut

>Now if somebody would explain me how to trace this mysterious hang by DDB.
>I try to boot -s, and still get a hang.  ctrl-alt-esc just throws me into
>debugger with stack trace down to idleloop() or something.  `ps' in ddb
>doesn't show anything but a basic crowd (swapper init pagedaemon vmdaemon
>update).   I would try to boot -d now.

Try to run tcpdump on the server and see what comes your way.

Be aware that it may (still) not work with plip though.  Some
patches have been sent to me, but they are way down my stack
and untested.

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.