Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:04:32 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Heiko Recktenwald" <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, "shoe latif" <slatif@petrosys.com>
Cc:        "Sven Bentlage" <S.Bentlage@gmx.de>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Macintosh

We've got a few prehistoric 3336 (386) Unisys systems (the big desktop case
ones that weigh at least 100Kg) with 16 x 30 pin RAM slots) running FreeBSD
4.x / sendmail / apache / FTP / etc & never had a problem with them. They
have
internal 33600 ISA modems to get around the old UARTS, but thats the sum
total of new parts used.