Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 1996 18:17:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Nash <alex@zen.nash.org>
To:        dunn@harborcom.net, michaelv@HeadCandy.com, rminnich@sarnoff.com
Cc:        hal@wwa.com, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mixing SIMMs of different speeds

I wrote:

> Just as I suspected, thanks for verifying this.  I'll give this
> a try just as soon as my verify-the-70ns-work-ok-standalone-by-
> running-make-world finishes (which should be any minute now as
> it just entered the install phase).

Well, I installed the 70ns SIMMs in the first bank and 60ns SIMMs in
the second (I'm using the term bank correctly this time :).
Everything seemed to be running fine, X was up, I started top to
monitor what was going on, and then fired 5 simultaneous compiles of
SSH.  Not long after the compiles were started the system choked,
completely ignoring my pitiful attempts to resuscitate it by banging
on the keyboard.

Oh well, you learn something new every day :)

Thanks for your help.

Alex