Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:18:18 +0200
From:      Rudolf Friess <r.friess@msg.at>
To:        "'Hackers@freeBSD.ORG'" <Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mylex DAC960 RAID Controller any idea?

I am using a Mylex DAC960 with a Digital StorageWorks RAID Array 200
by now in one of our NT4 Servers.

I want to change the operating system to freeBSD during the next few weeks
since my other Boxes work fine (and fast) with freeBSD.

I am searching for a freeBSD driver for the Mylex controller and the Network Cards.
Support from Mylex simply answered "freeBSD isnt't supported".

I can not believe that there is nobody "out there" who did implement a similar System config.

System config will be:
	2 x Pent.200 Pro / a 128 MB RAM
	Adaptek AHA2940 with
		system drive 0: 1GB (will be root device)
		CDROM Array
		Tape Device
	Mylex DAC960 3 channel/4MB Cache
		channel 1 System Drive 1: 12 GB Raid Level 3/5
		channel 2/3 not in use (by now)
	2 x Olicom 10/100 Network Adapters

If somebody has a source (or better (**smile**)) working drivers for the Mylex controller I would
be glad to if you give me a address for a starting point where to search.

Thanks for your help.

Rudolf Friess (RF301-RIPE) WebMaster <r.friess@msg.at>
Marketing Service GmbH
Raaber Bahngasse 12, A-1100 Vienna , Austria
Voice: (+43-1) 600 6161	Fax: (+43-1) 600 6161 9