Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:06:18 -0500
From:      Michael Butler <imb@protected-networks.net>
To:        efinleywork@efinley.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject:   Re: a new way to hang 7.0

Elliot Finley wrote:
> -L has been hanging systems ever since it existed.  Don't use it.

I've been using it since it was implemented on many different machines
and never had a real problem with it. I always had the expectation that
snap-shot creation would be disk-intensive, however, and that implies
that I don't demand anything else from the file-systems concerned during
that time.

Also a "guaranteed clean" source file-system is mandatory - checking
everything with 'fsck -y' after an inadvertent power-cycle is wise,

	Michael