Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 10:13:34 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        root@totum.plaut.de (Michael Reifenberger)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing functions in FreeBSD.

Michael Reifenberger stands accused of saying:

> Hi,
> in order to port a (commercial) NetworkFaxSoftware to FreeBSD, I need:

This will be available for commercial sale when you're done?

> o either a termio.h or the information if I can wrap the termio routines to
>   the termios ones (does anybody know the content of CBAUD?)

Most of them are compatible; CBAUD is replaced with cfgetispeed/cfsetispeed.
If you need an example I can send you one, but it's easy 8)

> o The faxsoftware seems to try to lock the Terminal-ttys.
>   Is this necessary under FreeBSD?

Depends on why it's trying to lock them.  If it's locking the callin
port to use the callout port, no.  You'll need to be more specific
about this.

> o The software uses a function to change data+text Segments explicit to
>   readonly. How can this be done under FreeBSD (for the data Pages,
>   because I think that FreeBSD's text-Segments are readonly anyway)

Have to pass on this one; is it a vital requirement?