Date:      Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:29:19 +0200
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changes towards RELENG_6

Hi,

After a first sight on my notes, seems that some points can be take
before RELENG_6 ports

- bash
	I think we may switch to shell/bash (bash3) in pkg split and
	main ports (If any is still using bash2).

- crdtools
	We're using two ports for this:
		sysutils/cdrtools
		sysutils/cdrtools-cjk

	Any objection about merge the -cjk patch (seems very mature) in
	cdrtools and use this as depend?

- samba
	maybe time to switch to samba3 as the default samba port.
	I doubt about the quality of samba2 code maintenance.

- afterstep
	I don't use this, but think this is a very old code path
	Maybe time to swith to afterstep-stable

- mail servers
	I think we lost a sendmail package for disc2
	Also have all servers build with sasl support 'out of the box'.

- pop3/imap servers
	I'll glad to see courier-imap in disc2 if possible
	Also maildrop or

- www apps (old disk 3)
	Anyone can take a look into this?
	The goal: have really the pieces for a apache13/apache 2 server with
	common pieces like php4/php5.

- disc1 (pkg-split)
	Think about add very common and base ports to disc1 (still space)
	candidates:
		- archivers/unzip
		- devel/gmake
		- editors/vim-lite