Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:17:12 +0200
From:      Vallo Kallaste <vallo@matti.ee>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsi disk (cam?) problems

"Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com> wrote:

> What kinds of power supplies are all of you using?  The reason the
> pack is being invalidated is that the drive in question is not
> responding within a selection timeout period (250ms).  This is

I'm using new ATX power supply and it may be defective. I don't know
exactly because I have only 48 hours of uptime using this supply. If
my hardware configuration matters anyhow, I have dual processor
motherboard with two processors inserted, two Quantum UW disks,
Toshiba cdrom and floppy. Nothing extraordinary which can suck all the
power the supply can provide. I forgot to explain one thing while
reporting error: I got the panic just after executing copy command
'copy -R * /opt2'. I mounted Windows95 cd and tried to copy all
contents to hard drive. My cdrom drive is connected to an ncr scsi
controller and hard disks to onboard adaptec. At that time all the
filesystems were mounted with softupdates enabled.

Vallo Kallaste
vallo@matti.ee