Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:22:28 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        David De Silva <david@desilva.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web resources

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 12:09:09PM -0000, David De Silva wrote:
> > Do you want to make one?  Or a section for the main FreeBSD clustering
> > site?
>
> I wasn't aware there was a FreeBSD clustering site. I can't find any
> reference to it.

This is because it isn't finished yet.  There is background work going
on to make it ready for presentation, and thus make this mailing list
ready for going public.

> > AFAIK, there are no pages on this; I suspect one of the reasons is
> > that "Beowulfing" isn't considered difficult enough to need a web site
>
> Maybe, but it would be good to see a "one-stop-shop" reference site
> that does a bit of BSD flag-waving in the process.

Yup - details on how to set up clusters for various purposes will be
part of the web site at some point, but this require contributors to
help write them.  I'm feeding information to Jeroen, who is presently
the one functioning as editor for the web site, but getting this
together take time, especially as both Jeroen and I have a lot of
other things we work on besides the clustering project.  (Clustering
is my next intended project after finishing fixing stacking layers; I
have to restrict myself from switching projects halfway, as then I
never get anything actually finished.  And stacking layers is a
prerequisiste for some of the things I want to do WRT clustering,
anyway.)

Eivind.