Date:      Wed, 17 Aug 2005 02:35:18 -0500
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [headsup] new article: How To Choose The Version Of FreeBSD That Is Right For You

As a result of the recent thread on Quality of FreeBSD, which seemed
to strongly imply that some of our users don't understand how our
development proceeds, I have written and committed the above article
to try to address that information gap.  Unlike some of my other
documentation work, since it involved (to some degree) speaking for
the Project as a whole, I submitted it and had it reviewed by core@,
re@, and secteam@ directly rather than through the normal doc channels.
I hope this doesn't ruffle too many feathers; I think the work is
worth it to try to head off as many of these threads as possible ...

But a question that remains is, should this article have a link from
the front page?  I know that this would affect the work being done to
redesign that and I do not wish to work at cross-purposes with that.

My opinion (obviously) is that it should, as it seems to be one of
these "start here" kinds of things.

But having said that I'll step back and let other discussion occur.

mcl