Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 1995 05:49:54 +0300
From:      "Andrew A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        FreeBSD-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com>, John Beukema <jbeukema@HK.Super.NET>
Subject:   Re: String tables

In message <Pine.SUN.3.91.950118095120.17748A-100000@is1.hk.super.net>
    John Beukema writes:

>I meant
>#define BUS_ERR_COREDMP 11

>err_mess(BUS_ERR_COREDMP);

>In errmsg_eng.h
>syst_err_msg[BUS_ERR_COREDMP] = "Bus error Core dumped";

>This is good coding practice and not much more work than scattering
>messages throughout the code. It could be adapted to use Unicode or other
>languages with relatively effort.  The master version would of course be
>in English, the lingua franca.
>jbeukema

I like even more PGP way to doing that, f.e.:

err_mess(MSG("Bus error Core dumped"));

MSG() function searches via hash table corresponding translation
of this message, or put original variant, if nothing appropriative found.
It is more easy to maintain things this way than lot of defines.

--
Andrew A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -