Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 14:16:18 +0200 (SAT)
From:      rv@groa.uct.ac.za
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP on Intel MG15

I wrote:
> I have just received an Intel Xtended Xpress/MG15 with dual
> P54C-133 Pentiums on loan for 2 weeks and would like to try
> out FreeBSD's SMP code on it. Is the code in a state to test
> and if so, where can I find it.

Many thanks for all the info.

A status report:

1) The SMP kernel doesn't compile if you have:

options         "I586_FAST_BCOPY"

   (Not serious, I just removed it)

2) The machine locks up shortly after the SMP kernel load:

FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor motherboard
Boot cpunumber=0x0
[ machines freezes ]

I presume this means that the machine is reporting the number of
CPUs in a non-recognised format. APIC supports appears to be
enabled in the BIOS.

 -Russell