Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:48:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't use the smb-device :(

JH> [snip]
>>
>> device  iicbus  # Bus support, required for ic/iic/iicsmb below.
>> device  iicbb
>> device  iic
>> device  iicsmb  # smb over i2c bridge
>>
JH> [snip]

JH> More importantly I don't see any of the iic... devices showing up in you
JH> dmesg, they are needed.

They are needed *if* you have the iic* devices.  My mobo doesn't have
them, and lmmon works just dandily with just these SMB devices:

intpm0: <Intel 82371AB Power management controller> port 0xe800-0xe80f irq 9 at device 4.3 on pci0
intpm0: I/O mapped e800
intpm0: intr IRQ 9 enabled revision 0
smbus0: <System Management Bus> on intsmb0
smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
intpm0: PM I/O mapped e400

I don't even have them in my kernel config file since they don't exist
on my system.