Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 12:22:57 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't open /dev/rfd0: Device not configured

> David Kelly wrote:
> >
> > Upgraded from 3.1-stable to 3.2-stable this weekend using "make world".
> > Then needed to write a DOS floppy and found mtools failed:

When all else failed, purchase a "new" floppy drive for $12.95 at a
local shop. That cured the problem. When devices are this cheap it
shouldn't be surprising this is my 3rd hardly-used floppy drive in 4
years.

The hardly-used 4x Sony ATAPI CDROM still works. Its audio quality thru
the headphone jack is poor, but always has been.

Put a 300W PS in when I upgraded the MB to a PPro.

Case is stuffed. Has 4 fans (CPU, PS, extra on the case, extra flopping
inside directed at my HD.) Am pleased the case screws haven't stripped.
The screw holes have stripped on a system I bought in 1992. *That*
system is on its 2nd 3.5" floppy, 2nd MB, and 2nd PS, all due to
failures. Its 5-1/4 floppy is doing fine.