Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:44:01 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Denny White <dennyboy@cableone.net>
To:        "Galella, Anthony" <anthony.galella@intel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: xwindows trouble

Ok, sure appreciate it! :-) Did the proper chmod on
/dev/null & can get into everything now (that is,
icewm, blackbox, kde, & afterstep) except gnome.
Wish to hell I'd have written down the error when
I tried it the 1st time after following your help
instructions! Now it goes into it with the control
center always open & that's it, nothing else. But,
thanks to your help, all the rest of the wm's are
working, so, I'm not left "x-less". I'll try gnome
a few more times when I have time & try to recreate
the error message & repost. Again, thanks  much for
the help.
Denny

"Windows is the Virus,
 Linux is the Vaccine,