Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 14:14:37 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        murray@stokely.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TeX experts on this list?

Rahul Siddharthan said on Sep  4, 2001 at 13:08:33:

> The only thing I can find in my teTeX installation is a url.sty which
> is a LaTeX package, which doesn't seem to work with plain TeX, which
> is what jade (in the doc makefiles, anyway) generates (it seems to me).
>
> It seems to be possible to generate LaTeX with some versions of jade.
> I don't know whether that is desirable...  It may also be possible to
> port this url.sty to plain TeX, but that's probably way beyond my
> expertise.

There seems to be another solution: use the "eplain" macro package for
tex.  One can include a line
\input eplain
at the top of the tex file, or simply invoke etex instead of tex to
process the tex file; etex is part of the teTeX distribution.
and then use the \path command eg, \path|http://www.freebsd.org/|
(it seems to prefer that the delimiter is | or some other character
which doesn't appear within the actual path, rather than a brace)

This works for me with tex, but I don't know how to make jade do this
with the tex file it generates.

- Rahul