Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 1998 20:46:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      anton@rime.com.ua
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   docs/8538: Unable to install FreeBSD from MS-DOS filesystem

>Number:         8538
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       Unable to install FreeBSD from MS-DOS filesystem
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When installing from MS-DOS volume wich have 3.0-RELEASE distribution
in directory \FREEBSD (as shown in install help for Selecting Media Type) install says that it is unable to retrive following distributions "bin man ..." e.g. selected ones, unless I set name of directory where FreBSDis located as a release name in Options menu.