Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 13:10:49 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TowerJ for FreeBSD

> Another way to tackle the problem is to gather a group of "volunteers"
> each willing to buy  Individual License which is $495 .

This license doesn't allow you to build re-distributable binaries, but
does allow you build binaries for you own (individual) purposes.  I have
a couple of these (one for Solaris, one for Win32), and I built a
sped-up javac.  Until Jikes was released it was much faster to use the
executable version of the compiler.

> I read an article of linux kicking NTs butt with respect to servlets .

I think someone was confused, because the M$ VM kicks everyone but
Tower's butt in all respects.  Or, are they comparing an NT/VM servlet
with a TowerJ compiled servlet on Linux?  Comparison's like this are
kind of worthless.  (Also, I'm not sure if you can do servlet support
with TowerJ...)

Nate