Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:44:33 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        Joseph <mystical@houston.rr.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make kernel "KERNCONF" ignored?

David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:45:52PM -0500, Joseph wrote:
>
>>* Harald Schmalzbauer (H@Schmalzbauer.de) wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>I just cvsuped and saw that make kernel KERNCONF= is ignored.
>>>make buildkernel and installkernel with KERNCONF is working fine.
>>>

> It works for me, I know that if sometimes I mispell KERNCONF I have
> problems, which happens more frequently than you think :)

That is the reason I have shell scripts that build everything. I may
make a mistake typing the script name but I found out really fast that
I did. I don't get to the end of the process and find all of my
logging or etc. when to /dev/null. I log (tee) everything during the
build and install and I don't make errors this way.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA