Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 11:49:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trying to get an HP Scanjet to work (again).

> My fault for not plugging it in for quite some time, but it now
> appears that CAM has broken support for my Scanjet 4P.  I have a copy

i reported this some time ago when i tried to use hpscanpbm and some
other home-grown thing for controlling my scanjet 5p on 3.1.

"fortunately" my scanjet seems not to work anymore (i have no idea
if it is having firmware problems or servo problems or what...) so
i had to replace it with a parallel port Artec AS6E for which i
managed to write a control program at

    http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ppscan990326.c

the AS6E is very cheap, kind of poor quality but its data sheets are
available...

	cheers
	luigi