Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:11:30 +0200
From:      Florian Bofinger <bofax@camelot.de>
To:        Veaceslav Revutchi <vr@dnt.md>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: web hosting, what ftp to use?

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 02:39:08PM +0300, Veaceslav Revutchi wrote:

> Thanks everyone for sharing your experience with me!
>
> I have one more question about cgi. I was thinking about giving
> ftp access for each user to its own cgi directory but then
> I won't be able to control the contents of their scripts.
> What would be a wise procedure to allow users to update their
> cgi stuff?
>
> thanks again very much,
> slava revutchi

We preserve us the right to browse through the Skripts of our
customers they send to us via email.

Another possibility would be a chroot/jail-environment, but there's still
the problem of programs making high load on your webserver..

FLorian

--
Florian Bofinger <bofax@camelot.de> - CameloT e.K.
www.camelot.de - Der "sagenhafte" Internet Full-Service Provider