Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:44:33 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Antonio Bemfica <antonio@axolotl.ic.gc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: /stand/sysinstall cannot find any disks ?

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 08:50:37AM -0400, Antonio Bemfica wrote:
> Thanks very much, that did the trick.
>
> I did a "make" then "make install"  in /usr/src/release/sysinstall and it
> replaced the old one. However, how do I update the rest of the stuff in
> /stand? A "make world" didn't do it, and I suppose it is not safe to have
> /stand out of sync with the rest of the OS, since it seems it is usefull
> in an emergency situation.

	Exactly!  So since the automated build|install procedures
	do not target a new /stand/sysinstall, it should be part of
	whatever cheat-sheet of instructions you write down and type
	out to follow during  your next up-rev.

	I've got the following in my instructions.

	``Remember to

	  # cd /usr/src/release/sysinstall; make clean; make; make install

	Check the timestamp of /stand/sysinstall as a sanity check.''

	Glad that I was able to help.

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix