Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 07:01:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lute Mullenix <lute@willinet.net>
To:        Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: installation doesn't work right with X and Netscape

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Chip wrote:

> Joel,
> Without any error messages of any amount of details, of course no one will be
> able to help you.
> Anyway, I have installed FBSD on at least 5 different machines of different ages
>
> and speeds,etc, and have yet to have any of the problems you allude to. I moved
> over from Linux several years ago, and have never looked back. FBSD does work,
> and it does work well. I have found the install to be easier than the various
> winblows
> installs I have to do at work.
> Maybe if you provide more details, hardware specs, error messages, log files,
> etc
> then you will get all the help needed to complete your installation.
>
> --
> Chip

This is going to be down the road a bit, because I am soon going to be
passing on my play machine. But how does FreeBSD get along with PCI modems?

With the price of new machines becoming so reasonable, hope to pick up a
fairly modern machine in the next couple of months, and figure it will come
with a PCI modem.

  >Lute<
     Hey! It happens. Well it does...