Date:      Sun, 01 Apr 2007 19:08:48 +0000
From:      "Rick Nekus" <solarux@hotmail.com>
To:        torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-6.2 ; Hauppage PVR-350 ; "pvrxxx" port - not working.

Hi, Thanks Torfinn for the reply and ya I did a couple things mentioned if
thats enuf ?

>From: Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
>To: freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: FreeBSD-6.2 ; Hauppage PVR-350 ; "pvrxxx" port - not working.
>Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 18:44:13 +0200
>
>Hello,
>
>On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 14:19:29 +0000
>Rick Nekus <solarux@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Here, are the original files from my Hauppage PVR-350 driver-CD that
> > I copied over
> > to my system.
> > I have read in some threads here and by googling that I should
> > cp HcwMakoC.ROM -> HcwMakoA.ROM, and copy that and hcwPVRP2.sys to
> > /usr/ports/distfiles. -ok ?
>
>Hmm, I think that shouldn't be necessary if you are using the latest
>pvrxxx port from usleep. Unfortunately, the port needs a fix on recent
>RELENG_6 to compile, I'm not sure if it compiles without problems on
>6.2-RELEASE. We're all hoping that usleep will find the time to uypdate
>the port one of these days. :-)

I hear ya, so this is still a love/work in progress I gather? -thats fine,
we all love a challenge.

>  Have you tried updating your ports tree to get the latest pvrxxx port?

yup.
I did portscan fetch;portscan extract; portscan update
that should do it right ?, or is there a special "usleepless" update
available?
umm, trying to make sense of other threads here, does this mean install
FreeBSD 5.3 ? (is that the alternative for now?), ...

> > ...at this point, 'cause I bought the card a couple days ago, I just
> > wanted to make sure
> > all is ok with it, so I tested it with Ubuntu(atleast it wasn't
> > Windows :) and I've included the dmesg  hardware specs below:
>
>Hmm, I have my PVR-350 in a FreeBSD box, it looks like this:
>
>root@kg-quiet# pciconf -lv | grep -B 4 video
>cxm0@pci2:0:0:  class=0x040000 card=0x40000070 chip=0x08034444 rev=0x01
>hdr=0x00
>     vendor   = 'Conexant Inc (Was: Globespan, ICompression Inc)'
>     device   = 'iTVC15/CX23415 MPEG Codec'
>     class    = multimedia
>     subclass = video
>
>and with lspci (installed from ports):
>root@kg-quiet# lspci -vs 02:00.0
>02:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15
>MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
>         Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 20
>         Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
>         Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2
>
>Unfortuntately, the pvrxxx driver doesn't work for this card right now.

uhh ok, well thats' a small letdown, should I use the pvr250 ( they both
look the same to me pvr250/xxx ?) or maybe (on a dry-humour note)we could
remind these hardware manuf. giants that "sales" mean "sell as many cards as
you can and ignore FUD by big green machines !"... drivers,... for everyone.
  -ya I know :) Alice in sum wunder.
>HTH

thanks fo the above tip and,
mine is:
[rick@tiger ~]$ pciconf -lv | grep -B 4 video
none0@pci2:10:0:        class=0x040000 card=0x40000070 chip=0x08034444
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Conexant Inc (Was: Globespan, ICompression Inc)'
    device   = 'iTVC15/CX23415 MPEG Codec'
    class    = multimedia
    subclass = video

and, (for lspci)
[rick@tiger ~]$ sudo lspci -v
"...
02:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2
Encoder (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
        Memory at f4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
..."

it sounds close to me ?, am I reading this wrong, but how did you get
"yours'" working (or did you?) being you have the same cx23415 chip
(PVR-350) set I have -or is this a tuner specific fullfilment that is not
supported?
...sorry, see what I mean, .. stumped again
:)

and thanks again for being patient about all this.
-you guys are supportively awesome, and anything i can do for da' cause just
let me know.

Rick.
solarux@hotmail.com