Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:23:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix course

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 8:32 AM -0400 2000/4/19, Chuck Robey wrote:
>
> >  They're not exactly cheap, which is the reason I waited until I could get
> >  my company to help out:
> >
> >  http://www.mckusick.com/courses/index.html
>
>       Well, that's twelve tapes, the book, and a 500 page binder with
> all the course notes for "UNIX Kernel Internals: Data Structures and
> Algorithms".  For an individual, that would be $1300, non-profit

I asked, please, for folks NOT to answer if all they were going to do was
repeat the web page ... I wanted to hear from someone who *took* the
course.  Everything you say here is directly from the web page ...

Give it a break, please, unless you have some other source to quote,
someone who maybe knows (even fourth-hand) about the course itself, from
experience.  I need a word or two to help sell it to mgmt, I gave *you*
the web page.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.