Date:      Tue, 17 Jan 95 23:12:41 -0500
From:      "Shawn M. Carey" <smcarey@mailbox.syr.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   possible bug in manpage for restore(8)?

Hello,

	I noticed this the other day on a 1.1.5 system:

BUGS
     Restore can get confused when doing incremental restores from dump that
     were made on active file systems.

     A level zero dump must be done after a full restore.  Because restore
     runs in user code, it has no control over inode allocation; thus a full
     restore must be done to get a new set of directories reflecting the new
     ^^^^^^^
     inode numbering, even though the contents of the files is unchanged.

Should that last sentence read "...thus a full dump must be done...",
or do I have it all wrong?  Also, I wouldv'e checked this on a 2.x
system with my (former) thud account, but I can no longer get in.  I
see via finger(1) that I'm still in the passwd file, but no go when it
comes time to authenticate.  Were accounts disabled intentionally?  I
really miss having access to a 2.x machine. :(

-Shawn