Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 1995 12:45:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-user@freefall.freebsd.org, phk@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lkm/gnufpu Makefile

> >  Modified:    lkm       Makefile
> >  Added:       lkm/fpu   Makefile
> >               lkm/gnufpu  Makefile
> >  Log:
> >  Two x87 emulators as LKMs.
> >  If somebody with the right HW would make the change to /etc/rc to use
> >  this, we could rip MATH_EMULATE from GENERIC...

The kernel should load it if the npx probe fails. Can we do this yet or will
it require an in-kernel linker? It's something we need to be able do so
that we can load device drivers on the fly following probes so all you have
to have compiled in is the probe routines or actually you can load the device
driver, do probe and then unload it if it fails. All you need then is a list
of available drivers.

--
  Paul Richards. Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)