Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:19:51 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        andre@pipeline.ch (IBS / Andre Oppermann)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is someone using DIGI SYNC 570i V.35

> I've just got some DIGI 570i V.35 cards and I'm wondering if I can
> use it in FreeBSD routers like in 'Multi-homed - Load Balancing - No
> Single Point of Failure'.

Yes you can.

> I've figured out that this cards are supportet in FBSD with the 'ar'
> device driver and I've to enable the 'sppp' pseudo device.
>
> What I'm not shure is how to ifconfig it or do I have to use
> kernel pppd for the lines?

Something like "ifconfig ar0 my.ip.address your.ip.address netmask net.mask"

> The second Q is what dev's are created (it has 2 sync ports up to
> 2M) because it isnt very well documented (sppp0 or ar0)?

Did you try "man 4 ar"? There is a paragraph "numbering" which does
describe it.

> Is anyone else using this card and what is your experience with it?

Well we are using it here, but as I'm the author of the driver it
probably does not count. :-) The quality of the cards are very good.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za