Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 00:24:56 -0500
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Questions...

* George V. Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com> [010928 23:25] wrote:
> OK, several people said I should just send this to -net so here you are.
>
> I have a few questions about the direction and code base for the FreeBSD
> TCP/IP stack.
>
> 1) Is there a published list of "TODOs" that y'all are working on to
> add/modify the system?

Not that I know of.

> 2) How different is -CURRENT from -STABLE?

This can be answered by reading archives of the mailing lists and
newflashes.

The most signifigant changes that I can think of are:
SMP primatives
KSE
FFS Snapshots
Cardbus

> 3) Will the code be multi-threaded for SMP?

Hopefully.

> 4) Will y'all continue to periodically integrate the Kame code as you v6
> solution?

I can't say yes or no, but it looks like this is the pattern we are
following, in fact it seems like it's actuallty the KAME guys doing
a lot of work to integrate into _us_.

> 5) Will the v6 code by multi-threaded?

Hopefully, there's nothing inherently bad with it that will make it
too difficult.

> Well, that's a start.

Why the sudden interest?

--