Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 14:53:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Quake2

I got the quake3 arena demo running a while ago, and figured since I owned
a copy, it would be cool to get quake2 up and running, and bench it
against win98.  Well, I can run it in software mode in a window, but it's
only rendered on half the window (the right half is black).  When I try to
run it in 3dfx opengl mode, X switches modes, but my screen goes black,
and recovery isn't always an option.  I have a Canopus Pure3d2 12M VooDoo2
card, and am Running 3.2-RELEASE.  I also went ahead and created a
libvga.conf file, and tried running it in console mode.  It starts on a
console, except the console is black, with a solid block cursor in the
upper left corner, still in 80x24 character mode.  Any clues?

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)