Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 11:35:50 +0200
From:      "Eckhard Kantz" <freebsd@wegalink.de>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Realtek 8139

In my previous mail I should have given the detailed card types that I try to get working:
- EPC-0100TB 10 Mbps PCMCIA Ethernet Adapter
- FPC-0106TX 10/100Mbps 32-Bit Fast Ethernet PC Card

> If it's based on the RTL8139, it's CardBus, which is not supported in 4.x.

Somewhere I found a hint that it could be Realtek 8139 but I am no longer sure what is really in
there

> What type of computer do you have?

It's a Laptop K6-2 366 MHz from a Czech company called Gericom that was manufactured about 2 years
ago.

> I am very curious why you are using 0xc0000 for your pccard memory.
> Most computers have the video BIOS in that memory area, at least
> through 0xc7fff or 0xcbfff.  [Two laptops I have detailed knowledge of
> use part of 0xcc000-0xcffff for pccard under Win95; four use memory in
> 0xd0000 and above.]
>
> Also, did you put the corresponding pccard_mem=0xc0000 entry in
> /etc/rc.conf?

With pccardc I tried all standard memory settings 0xd0000, 0xd4000, 0xd8000 and 0xdc000 but without
any success

> I think Eckhard's problem is more fundamental.  The realtek part
> number he gave us was a pci part number, which implies cardbus.  The
> 8139 is supported by the rl driver.

I tried to enable the rl driver using pccardc with the same parameters that Win98 is working with
but it also didn't succeed.

--->
Thanks for all responses to my mail. Since I am in hurry to get the network card
up and running I will go and by a D-Link DFE-650TX that is mentioned in pccard.conf
as a supported card type. Maybe the problem can be solved this way ;-)

Eckhard