Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 08:45:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      patl@Phoenix.volant.org
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Joe Diehl <joed@ksu.edu>, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sun type 5 keyboards (dream mode on)

> > Okay, I'll admit my dream mode is on here... But I just got a new
> > keyboard at work and it reminds me just how much I like these things.

Personally, I preferred the type 4; but the type 5 (unix) layout is still
better than the standard PC keyboards.

> > I realize that at a technical level the sun type 5 keyboards work
> > differantly than a regular PC keyboard, which would make this task easier
> > said than done, but...  What would it take to try to get a sun type 5
> > keyboard and mouse working on a FreeBSD workstation?

A couple of keyboard companies make PC keyboards with the Sun type 5
layout.  Unfortunately, I don't remember off hand which ones.  But
you should be able to find them if you dig through catalogs and grovel
around the Web a bit.  I'd start in the Yahoo Computing/Hardware page.
You might also check the SunExpress Web page (you get to it through
the Sun Web page.)

-Pat