Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 10:48:19 -0400
From:      dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD + IPX

At 06:34 PM 7/24/97 +1000, you wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Pavel P. Zabortsev wrote:
>
>> Again about IPX on FreeBSD.
>> I want to use one of my PC with FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE as gateway between
>> two LAN, where an IP traffic and an IPX traffic is. I've known there is an
>> IPX router (called as IPXrouted) in FreeBSD. But it supports only IPX/SPX
>> over Ethernet_II frame type 0x8137, but I need Ethernet_802.2.   :-(
>>
>> If somebody use FreeBSD as IPX router, write me, please.
>
>FreeBSD does not support frame types other than Ethernet_II.  How many
>PCs are there?  It is impossible to change to Ethernet_II?

Why not just support 802.3. Its not that difficult for pete's sake. If someone
asked me to change my entire network to suit a product with such a basic
defect I would be very suspicious of the reliability (and support) of the
feature.
if you can't make  something as trivial as 802.3 work then there are lots
of more
complicated things that probably wont work as well.

db