Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:25:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Global Internet Shopping Mall <gism@isot.isot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about Cisco 2503i price

On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, Global Internet Shopping Mall wrote:

> >	You can always get the Cisco 2501 on a PC Card with 4 megs of RAM
> >for about $500 and just use any old 8088 PC since all it needs is the
> >power from the slot...  As you can program it via the Serial Port on the
> >card...
>
> How about Ricomm n2csu?  At $1200 contains router/csu/dsu in single card w/
> additional router.  Don't know if it works with FreeBSD, it does work with BSDi.

	Hmmm, no idea about that one since haven't heard of that brand
before... I heard Ascend, Adtran, and Cisco is the way to go.  I think the
card you are looking at doesn't really need a operating system but acts
like a serial com port so you can configure it either from the
communications program in your OS or do it from a laptop via a cable.  The
card probably just uses the power from the PC slot to work and nothing
else.  Atleast that's how the Cisco AccessPC Card works... Is this a 56k
or a T1 card?

Vince
GaiaNet Systems Unix Networking Operations
http://www.gaianet.net