Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 00:38:23 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        FreeBSD Emulation <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Johan Larsson <johan@ludd.luth.se>
Subject:   Re: Vmware 1.1?

Johan Larsson wrote:

> But why does it says it uses a sysmouse? I used sysmouse when i installed
> vmware, but i changed it after it complaining about that full screen mode
> was disabled.
>
>         Johan

If you never use full screen mode (which you cannot do under FreeBSD),
then vmware
doesn't actually care what the mouse configuration panel says, as it
merely uses
the X server's pointer. The only reason that config screen exists is to
supply a
mouse to text screen apps that may run in full-screen mode (or without
Windows at
all), which vmware does by using a real vty device (which, again, the
Linuxulator can't do).